The SD Wing Gundam Ver Ka (Or BB Senshi no 366) is the latest SD from Bandai that arrived this month. Being a lover for all things small and cute I couldn’t resist picking this up from Hobby Art Gallery when I saw the last two boxes there haha. Plus the design is the Ver Ka makes it a highly irresistible kit to own ^^
(I absolutely love this box art. Its pose is entirely the same as its MG counter part.)
First up a little bit of history from Gundam Wikia
“To hold with the designs seen in Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz, Hajime Katoki redesigned the original Gundam’s. The first one he redesigned was Heero Yuy’s Wing Gundam. The redesign was still capable of transforming into a Neo-Bird mode. The redesign look significantly more similar to the Wing Zero Custom. In addition to cosmetic change, Katoki’s Wing Gundam can hold spare energy capsules for the buster rifle in each forearm, increase buster rifle usage to nine shots in single sortie.”
Out of the box
My initial impression after doing the snap fit was wow. Not only was the sculpt really nice and sharp, the proportion is great and the color separation is really very good. Its good to see Bandai taking its SD up to another notch. For more idea on how the unpainted version looks like, you can check out the awesome pictures at Hakkacha.
1) Added vents to the face plate, raised the neck and extended the ankle mobility. (SD Wing Gundam Ver Ka Wip 1)
2) Painted most of the missing colors with gundam markers and toothpicks.
3) Panel line with gundam markers
4) Used old decals from exisiting kits. Note there are 3 zoid decals in it! (See if you can spot them!!)
5) Top coated with Flat Acrylic Top Coat (Less hazardous to your surroundings hehe)
Accessories includes the clear blue stand, the buster rifle, the shield and 2 sets of spare energy capacitors that you see mounted on the forearms.
Buster Sword Mode
To sum it up…
Get this kit!!
Till the next post!